Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2002 Factory High Pass Crossover Bypass
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban Care, Maintenance, Modifications, & Product Reviews > Audio / Video / Navigation
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Steve
Right, the tweeters aren't connected, so I'm going to go with components. I just need to make sure that I have enough power from the stock HU to make the speakers sound ok, otherwise, it's not worth it. I also noticed that the instructions for the Polk db6500 show the connection from an amp, but I wouldn't think it matters. Power is power, whether from the amp or the HU, it's not line level.

Man though, it is really hard to find the wattage out on stock head units!
SPIS
QUOTE (bekind @ Jun 18 2004, 01:52 PM)
I have heard many complaints concerning the lack of Bass with the Factory sub and amp. This walk through shows you how to avoid the factory crossover and get that much desired Bass. Keep in mind that these intructions have only been performed on the 02 models and I do not think it iwll work on the 03's and up since the electronics changed considerably during the 03 year...

~bekind

(All rights reserved to the original unidentified author.)

Bekind
I canĀ“t find an on line dealer that sell the metra and the scosche hernees can you help me
Steve
partsexpress.com. I got them there. If you order the 70-2002, you'll need 2, in addition to the 71-2002, because the new 70-2002 24 pins only have 13 usuable wires, but you need 17.
SPIS
QUOTE (Steve @ Mar 2 2006, 11:53 AM)
partsexpress.com. I got them there. If you order the 70-2002, you'll need 2, in addition to the 71-2002, because the new 70-2002 24 pins only have 13 usuable wires, but you need 17.

Thanks Steve I will check it
Steve
My subwoofer arrived today. smile.gif Just got to get those Polks ordered next. I wonder though, once I install the new sub and speakers, if I might want to reverse this mod, since the new sub will handle so much more. I'll have to try it both ways.
Steve
In an effort to stop the hijack of this thread, I will post this one last pic of the harness related to the bypass procedures from this thread. I removed it tonight when I installed the Memphis sub. I'll start another thread about the new speaker installations.

Here's the harness I made too. It may be for sale after I install the new speakers, as I may not want it afterall.

user posted image
Ripped
Has anyone figured out how to do this with the 2003
yet?
agood1
I did this mod today...and there is a noticable difference, and I found the plug on ebay for cheap.

The only problem is now my d pillar speakers and subwoofer are on with the front fader, is that they way it is supposed to be?

Thanks
Steve
QUOTE(agood1 @ Oct 16 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]149529[/snapback]

I did this mod today...and there is a noticable difference, and I found the plug on ebay for cheap.

The only problem is now my d pillar speakers and subwoofer are on with the front fader, is that they way it is supposed to be?

Thanks

When I did the mod, it didn't change my fader/balance control in any way. I wonder if the adapter is wired a bit wrong. Not sure just not what I experienced.

Good luck.
agood1
I'm not sure it changed mine either....does your d pillar speakers go off when you fade to the rear? Do they come on when you fade to the front?
jscholtenjr
i am installing a new pioneer sub in the rear and doing this amp bypass so im hoping that ill be able to get some nice speakers in the doors and have a nice sounding system with a pioneer head unit without having to install anything outside of the factory mounting locations i will have to let everyone know how this setup works the sub is a shallow mount 8" pioneer from crutchfield signiture series it is supose to mount in under 3" and i have just under 4 in the box so i hope it sounds good with the factory amp cross your fingers
e.powell01
Didn't see a reply to the one guys question. Has anyone done this or similar to an 03 & up yet? If so what is that procedure?
PT'S 70 CST
I know this is a old thread but I just bought a 2002 Z71 Tahoe and hate the sound of my factory radio and would love to do this mod. Are the parts still avail. and where can I get them for the best price. I am no electrical guru but am sure I can handle this.

Thanks for your help PT
e.powell01
??? HAS ANYONE COME UP WITH SOMETHING OR TRIED ON AN 03 + YET??? clapping1.gif

Got one for ya. Even though this post is pretty old. And I just began my search in regards to this question. To start I have a 2003 Tahoe and it has Bose system. Sub under the center console. I got a sub box with sub brand new for a 2002 and installed it in the rear LH quarter and ran wires to the rear LH seat floor area. My question is how much power can that factory sub handle wattage wise? And what is the cheapest way to connect it. Get another Bose amp with the connectors installed and run input leads to it from the input leads of the other amp? Or do I need to go get an inline adapter to run RCA cables to a regular amp. The sub that exists has four wires so I'm gonna assume that it is dual coil. I'm not looking to blow the seals out of my windows with this just add some more base. If I want something strong I'll take my 200 watt powered sub out of my work van and install it in the Hoe.
One more question, the mod that guys were doing to bypass teh amp and filtering for the door speakers has anyone come up with or done it on a 2003 and above?

Thanks Much In Advance.
e.powell01@#comcast.net
kses123
QUOTE (e.powell01 @ May 30 2010, 09:51 AM) *
??? HAS ANYONE COME UP WITH SOMETHING OR TRIED ON AN 03 + YET??? clapping1.gif

Got one for ya. Even though this post is pretty old. And I just began my search in regards to this question. To start I have a 2003 Tahoe and it has Bose system. Sub under the center console. I got a sub box with sub brand new for a 2002 and installed it in the rear LH quarter and ran wires to the rear LH seat floor area. My question is how much power can that factory sub handle wattage wise? And what is the cheapest way to connect it. Get another Bose amp with the connectors installed and run input leads to it from the input leads of the other amp? Or do I need to go get an inline adapter to run RCA cables to a regular amp. The sub that exists has four wires so I'm gonna assume that it is dual coil. I'm not looking to blow the seals out of my windows with this just add some more base. If I want something strong I'll take my 200 watt powered sub out of my work van and install it in the Hoe.
One more question, the mod that guys were doing to bypass teh amp and filtering for the door speakers has anyone come up with or done it on a 2003 and above?

Thanks Much In Advance.
e.powell01@#comcast.net

No, this will not work on the 2003+ models. Totally different stuff. Yes, the Bose Subwoofer is a Dual Voice Coil speaker. You can just splice one of the coils the get sound the sub in the rear. It most likely won't be enough to power the 8" sub. In my 2004 Denali, I had done the same thing, except I used the OEM Bose subwoofer from the '01-'02 Denali/ '03 Escalade. It didn't need another amp to power the sub. The '01 Denali sub is also considerable smaller, just uses that Acoustimass box to make it louder. Also, the '03+ Denali/Escalade has a more powerful amp which pushes more power to the subwoofer, so it had no problem running the stock DVC sub in the console and the '01 Denali subwoofer in the rear.

boboburb
QUOTE (bekind @ Jun 18 2004, 12:52 PM) *
I have heard many complaints concerning the lack of Bass with the Factory sub and amp. This walk through shows you how to avoid the factory crossover and get that much desired Bass. Keep in mind that these intructions have only been performed on the 02 models and I do not think it iwll work on the 03's and up since the electronics changed considerably during the 03 year...

~bekind

(All rights reserved to the original unidentified author.)

Hey Guys, I have an 02 burb with 4 door 6 1/2's (4ohm) 2 front door tweets and 1 - 8 inch driver side rear sub. I do not have these pillar tweets. Do I have full range to my front doors now? Do I have non premium sound ? or can I / should do this mod with just 1 - 24 pin metra harness with the the 17 wires? Any input would be appreciated as I am replacing all 4 door speakers now with alpine fronts and kenwood component 6 1/2s. I need a little guidance thanks
swizzle
So, just as I was going to try this bypass, I seem to have lost all sound in the rear. I don't think I've blown the speakers as there's no sound whatsoever coming from the back...including the sub. I measured output at the back of my Sony HU where it ties into the factory harness and voltage is there for all 8 signals (front / back / + / -). Then I measured at the harnass again just before the amp, nothing on the rears. Could it be possible that the wiring went bad in the last 2 months since I installed the new HU? I guess I'll have to ohm the wiring tonight...ugh, not an easy one person job going from HU to AMP. Has anyone heard of this before? I went ahead and wired up the harness and am now bypassing the amp, but still no sound. To top it off, local shop (there's really only one place to go here) is telling me the don't have anything to replace my sub with. wth?!?! They don't carry 8" sub components or a MTX box, odd for a place that's been in business 30 yrs or so. I was contemplating letting them trouble shoot for me and replace all the speakers, maybe not now.
swizzle
Nevermind, decided to run my own wiring for the speakers from the HU to the factory plug for the amp. Everything works like a champ now, though I've removed the "high pass crossover bypass" at this time. Now I'll probably move on to replacing the speakers.
swizzle
QUOTE (boboburb @ Jun 17 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Hey Guys, I have an 02 burb with 4 door 6 1/2's (4ohm) 2 front door tweets and 1 - 8 inch driver side rear sub. I do not have these pillar tweets. Do I have full range to my front doors now? Do I have non premium sound ? or can I / should do this mod with just 1 - 24 pin metra harness with the the 17 wires? Any input would be appreciated as I am replacing all 4 door speakers now with alpine fronts and kenwood component 6 1/2s. I need a little guidance thanks

I'd say you currently don't quite have full range to your fronts or rears (without the bypass installed). Not sure if you have premium or not without the rear tweeters in the D-pillars. I'd say try the harness and that'll give you full range. However, just with the replacing the speakers you'll notice HUGE improvements over factory crapola speakers. You may like the new sound without the harness.
thedeepfriedboot
Sorry for bumping a "dead" topic, but with the burst of new aftermarket radio installs going on right now, I think this thread needs to float to the surface again given how simple but useful this mod is. I just built myself one of these bypass adapters today and it does seem to help. My high range sounds much better now that my aftermarket speakers are actually being given the chance to use their built in tweeters without the signal being filtered.

I also would like to know if anyone else would be interested in having me build a few of these adapters from scratch for members? Instead of buying the install adapters for overinflated prices, I found the Delphi connector part numbers on Mouser and therefore I could actually build my own bypass adapters from scratch. I am not sure when they would be available, how many I could build, or how much these would cost, instead I just want to know if people would be interested in these so I could know if I should start experimenting. I really am not looking to make a business out of this, I just want to help out members on the community here who might not be prepared to make their own adapters.

Anyway, here is my messy attempt at making one of these adapters today. This was NOT a complete custom built unit. I ordered two install adapters off ebay since I was still researching the part numbers for the raw components. I had to salvage a few spare pins from a junk harness an audio shop sold me in order to have the extra pins needed that are not included with the new version of the 71-2002 adapter sold these days, so the wire colors are in now way consistent. It is really not one of my best looking works with the mismatched colors but the harness did come out well though and works great.

Workinprogress02
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Mar 11 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Sorry for bumping a "dead" topic, but with the burst of new aftermarket radio installs going on right now, I think this thread needs to float to the surface again given how simple but useful this mod is. I just built myself one of these bypass adapters today and it does seem to help. My high range sounds much better now that my aftermarket speakers are actually being given the chance to use their built in tweeters without the signal being filtered.

I also would like to know if anyone else would be interested in having me build a few of these adapters from scratch for members? Instead of buying the install adapters for overinflated prices, I found the Delphi connector part numbers on Mouser and therefore I could actually build my own bypass adapters from scratch. I am not sure when they would be available, how many I could build, or how much these would cost, instead I just want to know if people would be interested in these so I could know if I should start experimenting. I really am not looking to make a business out of this, I just want to help out members on the community here who might not be prepared to make their own adapters.

Anyway, here is my messy attempt at making one of these adapters today. This was NOT a complete custom built unit. I ordered two install adapters off ebay since I was still researching the part numbers for the raw components. I had to salvage a few spare pins from a junk harness an audio shop sold me in order to have the extra pins needed that are not included with the new version of the 71-2002 adapter sold these days, so the wire colors are in now way consistent. It is really not one of my best looking works with the mismatched colors but the harness did come out well though and works great.

I would love to buy one. I'm sick of stereo DIY, and I'm no engineer!
Vinniety
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Mar 11 2011, 11:35 PM) *

If this is a plug and play unit and it will function like it is suppose to from the diagrams and info on the PDX file then YES i will be interested. Of course the price will have to be resonable as well. biggrin2.gif
Gary P
Deep - I don't need any, but I think it's GREAT that you are offering this to other members. good.gif

Scott
TDFB - Is your version for the <'02's or does this work for the '03's +?
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (Scott @ Mar 22 2011, 08:30 AM) *

I built my adapter based on the instructions in this guide which is for the 02. Perhaps I could do an 03+ but I am unsure how the amp is wired. If someone wants to help figure out what wires to reroute, I might be able to design an adapter.

Also, for anyone waiting on this, it might take a while until I am no longer swamped with midterms and other stuff. As soon as these midterms end, ill try to order some parts in to experiment.
Scott
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Mar 22 2011, 11:31 AM) *

I built my adapter based on the instructions in this guide which is for the 02....

Thanks just confirming! Good luck with the mid-terms!
Vinniety
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Mar 22 2011, 12:31 PM) *

I built my adapter based on the instructions in this guide which is for the 02. Perhaps I could do an 03+ but I am unsure how the amp is wired. If someone wants to help figure out what wires to reroute, I might be able to design an adapter.

Also, for anyone waiting on this, it might take a while until I am no longer swamped with midterms and other stuff. As soon as these midterms end, ill try to order some parts in to experiment.

Will you be willing to pass along some info so i could create the plug myself,,,like the plug numbers where you got them if off a site what site stuff like that?
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (Vinniety @ Mar 22 2011, 09:35 AM) *

Will you be willing to pass along some info so i could create the plug myself,,,like the plug numbers where you got them if off a site what site stuff like that?

I just went on ebay and got the 71-2002 and 70-2002 as per the PDF in post 1. Be warned though, there are not enough male pins, so you will need to get more. I went down to a local radio shop and they cut off a spare GM plug that had the same pins from their pile of salvage harnesses. I just pulled the additional needed pins out of that. When you build the harness, use solder, and get yourself a flux pen. It makes it a LOT easier.

Also, for the things I do on here, I am always willing to pass along information on things I modify or create. That's the whole point of the forum. The reason I am offering to build these for people is because many of you dont have access to temp controlled digital solder stations or crimping tools. Many of you have helped me, I want to help back.
Vinniety
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Mar 22 2011, 01:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Vinniety @ Mar 22 2011, 09:35 AM) *

I just went on ebay and got the 71-2002 and 70-2002 as per the PDF in post 1. Be warned though, there are not enough male pins, so you will need to get more. I went down to a local radio shop and they cut off a spare GM plug that had the same pins from their pile of salvage harnesses. I just pulled the additional needed pins out of that. When you build the harness, use solder, and get yourself a flux pen. It makes it a LOT easier.

Also, for the things I do on here, I am always willing to pass along information on things I modify or create. That's the whole point of the forum. The reason I am offering to build these for people is because many of you dont have access to temp controlled digital solder stations or crimping tools. Many of you have helped me, I want to help back.

Can you explain moe when you say thereisnt enough male pins? Are you stating slots or the pins that hold the wires? If it is the pins cant i get that at radio shack?
Norseman
Hi DeepFriedBoot, would I need to do the bypass if I change the OEM radio for an aftermarked HU?
Thanks

Indy
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (Vinniety @ Mar 22 2011, 11:01 AM) *
Can you explain moe when you say thereisnt enough male pins? Are you stating slots or the pins that hold the wires? If it is the pins cant i get that at radio shack?

There are slots, the adapters do not come with enough pins in the slots though. There are a lot of wires like the CANBUS that most people dont need access to, so the adapter just does not have those wires/pins installed. The issue is, the omission of those wires means we are short a few pins. Here is a picture of the pins. The red wire has the female crimp, we have plenty of those, what we need is that white wire on the right with the male pin on it. There are not enough of those since we need 4 of them per speaker, plus a ground. I do not believe they sell them at radioshack, so instead I hit up a local audio store and got that cut off adapter at the top and took the spare pins from it.

cds618
Could someone tell me if this will work/help on a 2002 Tahoe LT without Bose & with a sub. I am not sure if this is a mod for the Z71 only. The reason I ask is in the PDF file it says "The beauty of this bypass is that the door speakers receive an unfiltered signal(Just like the Silverados, and Tahoe/Yukons without "premium" sound)

Thanks in advance for any help.
mratay
Hello. I'm trying to build my Crossover Adapter and I can't seem to free the pins. Can someone please give me a few tips on how to pull the pins from the connectors. I've broken a couple small screwdrivers so far.
Much Appreciated.
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (mratay @ May 15 2011, 01:58 PM) *
Hello. I'm trying to build my Crossover Adapter and I can't seem to free the pins. Can someone please give me a few tips on how to pull the pins from the connectors. I've broken a couple small screwdrivers so far.
Much Appreciated.

It can be a pain. I used a really small jeweler screwdriver and stuck it deep into the hole near the pins get them out. You sometimes have to wiggle around a bit or try pulling the screwdriver out and put it back in again.
BourbonNcigars
Anyone know if there's any issues with completely bypassing the factory amp by using an aftermarket head unit to power the door speakers, and using an aftermarket sub amp for the sub (a new sub)? Is the factory amp wired into anything other than the audio for the stereo system, or can it be completely unhooked without affecting anything else?
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (BourbonNcigars @ Jun 10 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Anyone know if there's any issues with completely bypassing the factory amp by using an aftermarket head unit to power the door speakers, and using an aftermarket sub amp for the sub (a new sub)? Is the factory amp wired into anything other than the audio for the stereo system, or can it be completely unhooked without affecting anything else?

No problems at all.

The factory amp runs the small speakers in the liftgate pillars and the subwoofer. It also passively filters out the low notes from the main speakers. All you need to do is either bypass the amp, or make sure to wire the amp to turn on when the new HU does, therefore allowing the speakers to work. This is because the amp cuts off all the speakers when not in use.

I was going to make these adapter cables for people, but I found out the crimper needed costs a few hundred dollars, and I really dont want to buy the crimper for this. If someone really asked nicely, and sent me the wire and parts all kitted and ready to go, I might be able to borrow a crimper from work and make the cable during lunch.
BourbonNcigars
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Jun 10 2011, 08:00 PM) *

No problems at all.

The factory amp runs the small speakers in the liftgate pillars and the subwoofer. It also passively filters out the low notes from the main speakers. All you need to do is either bypass the amp, or make sure to wire the amp to turn on when the new HU does, therefore allowing the speakers to work. This is because the amp cuts off all the speakers when not in use.
Thanks for the info. However, I have another question. Bare with me....the alcohol is flowing...

You say to make sure the amp turns on. Why, if it's completely bypassed? Why would it be necessary to be turned on if the 4 doors are running off the head unit and the sub off it's own aftermarket amp? I'm not worried about the tweeters in the columns in back. Thanks.
thedeepfriedboot
QUOTE (BourbonNcigars @ Jun 10 2011, 07:15 PM) *
QUOTE (thedeepfriedboot @ Jun 10 2011, 08:00 PM) *

No problems at all.

Thanks for the info. However, I have another question. Bare with me....the alcohol is flowing...

You say to make sure the amp turns on. Why, if it's completely bypassed? Why would it be necessary to be turned on if the 4 doors are running off the head unit and the sub off it's own aftermarket amp? I'm not worried about the tweeters in the columns in back. Thanks.

If it is completely bypassed, then I believe it should work just fine then.
larryvan
I have a bypass adapter for sale. Used it two years in my 01 Suburban and took it out when I sold it. Works great! $25.00 if anyone is interested.
rainsworth
QUOTE (larryvan @ Sep 19 2011, 05:15 PM) *
I have a bypass adapter for sale. Used it two years in my 01 Suburban and took it out when I sold it. Works great! $25.00 if anyone is interested.

If the adapter is still available, I'll gladly take it for $25. Email me and we can work out the transaction.
saturnstyl
I made the harnesses, and needed two adapters with the male pins to have enough. The mod worked like a dream, and was very simple! Thanks for posting this information. The only down side is that when I bought the tahoe a couple weeks ago it had an inoperative left front door speaker, and rotted foam on the subwoofer. So I just bought a new factory speaker from amazon and traded a friend and got an OEM subwoofer as well.

After installing the harness, the extra power promptly destroyed the other three door speakers, which in all liklihood were on death's doorstep prior to this mod. Being underpowered may have saved them. So I just had to order two sets of 6.5" two way speakers to replace all the factory door speakers.
jgreen-fsi
I installed this in my Suburban about a week ago along with Alpine components front and rear. It works great! Thanks to the OP for doing a write up on this.
bigpadg
QUOTE (bekind @ Aug 13 2004, 08:40 AM) *
Just to be honest, I truley have no idea if this will work on an 01. I hope another member could chime in with some experience or something. I will try to do a little research and see what I can find out.

~Matt

Matt, it sounds awesome in my 01 Tahoe!! Much appreciate this information from the contributors. Wow, and I have now added four amps, the Alpine KTP-445 between the factory head unit and the Matsushita, two amps - one Pioneer to a JBL 8" sub in factory location and an MTX to a bandpass box, and another Pioneer to a shallow-mount Pioneer 8" beneath the front console. Since I'm running my rear doors full-range, I've run those old mid-range only wires from the Mat to 3.5" mids beneath the tweets in the rear pillars. I've even got it all wired in so the Power button on the rear passenger console acts as a boost; my system goes from 5 speakers to 16 with the push of that button! No pops or hisses ever and I'm using line-level inputs throughout!!
buckeyboy
Put my harness in today sounds great.

One thing I would not do again???? is pull all the wires out of the two harness's as listed in the instructions.

just cut and solder them to the proper pins and eliminate the rest that are not used
Bigryan55Z71
i know this post is old as others have stated.. Here is my question.. Metra now makes a new amp bypass 70-2021 and I read in another thread on another site that it works for the 2002 Z71.. Has anyone else heard this or will i need to make my own?? I feel that if it does work It would make everybody else's lives easier with some plug and play..
Rrsavage
QUOTE (Bigryan55Z71 @ Jul 8 2012, 03:43 PM) *
i know this post is old as others have stated.. Here is my question.. Metra now makes a new amp bypass 70-2021 and I read in another thread on another site that it works for the 2002 Z71.. Has anyone else heard this or will i need to make my own?? I feel that if it does work It would make everybody else's lives easier with some plug and play..

Hi Bigryan55Z71,

The Metra 70-2021 adapter looks promising, but it is very difficult to tell without seeing a wiring diagram or several close up photos to trace the pin connections to know if it works with the Tahoe. However, this adapter (Metra 70-2021) would not provide the audio signal to the rear pillar tweeters or the factory sub. I just constructed the bypass adapter for my 2002 Tahoe and it works great. I'll add the link to photos and instruction in a new post.
Rrsavage
I know this is a old topic, but it is still very relevant. I constructed this amp/crossover bypass adapter for my 2002 Tahoe Z71 (non-Bose system) just last week and it works great!

I have posted an article with complete set of step-by-step instructions and detailed photos of the build and installation process.
http://www.savagehomeautomation.com

The article also includes direct links to the exact parts that I purchased on Amazon to build this bypass adapter.

Happy Building!
Bigryan55Z71
thanks for the reply Rrsavage.. and your link is amazing.. I think I'm going to get the metra 70-2021 and check it out.. I will also get myself the 71-2002 and will see how it all works out.. I'm good with wiring but I'm interested to check this out and see if it will help make some peoples lives easier(those who may struggle with wiring) because if it does work it will make this a much faster and fairly painless installation especially for those who want to bypass the amp completely.. Ill keep everyone updated as to what I run into..
Rrsavage
QUOTE (Bigryan55Z71 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:29 PM) *
thanks for the reply Rrsavage.. and your link is amazing.. I think I'm going to get the metra 70-2021 and check it out.. I will also get myself the 71-2002 and will see how it all works out.. I'm good with wiring but I'm interested to check this out and see if it will help make some peoples lives easier(those who may struggle with wiring) because if it does work it will make this a much faster and fairly painless installation especially for those who want to bypass the amp completely.. Ill keep everyone updated as to what I run into..

I believe that this is what you will want the wiring to look like for the Metra 70-2021 to work with the Tahoe.

I'll stay tuned to see what you find out :-)
Thanks, Robert
Bigryan55Z71
So I have an update: I just got my Metra 70-2021 connector and I have great news -- it is definitely the right 24 pin connector!! The only thing that needs to be done is the pins on the one side need to be switched around.. When I took the connector out of the package I compared it to the picture that Rrsavage posted I noticed that I had to relocate a few pins but it honestly took me 5 minutes and a paper clip and I was done.. I think it would really make it easier for this project to have this.. Now I only need to get the 71-2002 and I think it would be super easy to tie it in unless you don't care about the factory sub and rear tweeters which I currently don't having 2 10's and a 1000w amp biggrin2.gif so I hope this helps people out in making this even easier.. Thanks everyone who has posted in here it made this so much easier on me..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.