Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2004 Suburban Cabin Air Filter Install?
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban Care, Maintenance, Modifications, & Product Reviews > Appearance, Care & Maintenance
AGConrad
Hey guys, I know that my 04 Suburban LT 1500 has a cabin air filter, however unlike the older Silverado's and Tahoe's/Suburban's there is not a screw at the bottom of the compartment to open up to remove the cabin air filter...

I am lost at how to install my new one as I can't get to the existing one...?

Anybody have any advice?

Joe1129uscg
There is no filter
AGConrad
Both the local GM Dealer and my Autozone guy said there was and sold me an STP filter specifically made for my 2004 Suburban LT 1500. Also, you can buy them online here: http://www.car-stuff.com/2004chevroletsubu...inairfilter.htm

I can see where the filter is, up under the passenger feet, behind the glove compartment, I just don't know how to get it open...
ThorsChariot
Its located under the hood, You have to pull the the engine and transmission. Its really simple to do.
. J/K but as said your 2004 does not have one, So get your money back on the filter. If they won't take it back tell them you bought it on there recommendation and if they will not refund your money then they should install it for free. When they can't find the access panel that when you tell them it under the hood and the the engine and tranny have to be pulled for the install.
jj_nycguy
QUOTE (ThorsChariot @ Dec 1 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Its located under the hood, You have to pull the the engine and transmission. Its really simple to do.

That was great. LOL
johnnyleo11
I think they quit doing that in 2002, when they restyled the interiors...
1sttexan
QUOTE (johnnyleo11 @ Dec 1 2011, 05:06 PM) *

My 02 came with a filter as standard equip. I was told it was an option on later yrs. I could be wrong.
Gary P
QUOTE (1sttexan @ Dec 13 2011, 01:02 AM) *
QUOTE (johnnyleo11 @ Dec 1 2011, 05:06 PM) *

My 02 came with a filter as standard equip. I was told it was an option on later yrs. I could be wrong.

Ehhhh, I'm pretty sure it was not an option. It just wasn't offered. huh.gif
matticus
Dunno, I've got a 2004 Tahoe and I've got no cabin air filter... and I've got every available option this truck had, including potential Castech heads!
johnnyleo11
Correction. I should have said 2002 was the last model year of a certain interior. Easy to see the change of the interior with the Dbl Din stereo.
carguru
There was no option for the filter. '02 was the last year of the filter. Now, there are people who have retrofit filters in their '03 - '06 trucks, but it can be a mixed bag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.