Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Size For Tahoe With 3 Inch Body Lift
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban Care, Maintenance, Modifications, & Product Reviews > Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels
mattwill92
can 35s fit on a tahoe with a 3 inch body?
blacktahoe0509
w/ keys and spacers too... yes.
mattwill92
QUOTE (blacktahoe0509 @ Jun 21 2009, 11:55 PM) *
w/ keys and spacers too... yes.

How much do those cost?
JimB204
some "35's" will fit on a tahoe with just a body lift
TBman87
I had 315/70/17s with a body lift and the stock wheels. I had the stock keys maxed out. But it worked and looked good.
ensign42
check threads for my post or 'SKIDAD'. I am running 315/70/17 BFG A/T KO's on 17 X9.5 wheels. I had to do some minor trimming with ford keys and spacers. major problem that needed trimming was when turning right over bumps. You can do it without keys and spacers, but it had better never leave pavement at that point. Someone on here has managed 315's with just keys and spacers, but I am willing to bet major damage will happen the first time you left smooth pavement (country roads or city potholes) with that rig. Also, you will need new shocks with the keys and spacers, you can run w/ the factory units, but you will want to upgrade soon after that. Lots of threads on shocks on this board. Lastly you will want a good alignment. Look to spend $80 or so for that. Be aware if you are going to crank keys it WILL wear front components faster. How much faster remains to be seen. You can fix alot of it with some aftermarket parts, but you will end up spending a grand to make that right as well. Unless you can do everything on the cheap (I did) for the same initial cost of keys, spacers, aftermarket parts, alignment, tires, you could look at a suspension lift. A suspension lift will cost you about $3K installed with tires if you shop around. No matter what you choose to do, you will also want to eventually regear, and talk to Justin to get his tune if you have not already done it.

Will
JimB204
QUOTE (ensign42 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Someone on here has managed 315's with just keys and spacers, but I am willing to bet major damage will happen the first time you left smooth pavement (country roads or city potholes) with that rig.

its actually not bad, the main thing with yalls is that you had aftermarket rims. 31570/17 BFG's fit fine with stock rims. i had to trim and it still rubs every now and then but ive done some muddin in it and its not too bad unless you flex it out.
WhiteAndGoldZ71
35's can fit with just a body lift and stock wheels but you willl have to trim a little bit
obert272
if you get aftermarket wheels use the search to find out what backspacing and such would be good for 35s with just a body lift.
Hoss416
If you do a little homework you can get rolling on 35's for a decent price. With a traditional lift wheels and tires it would of cost me around 5k. I did some internet searching and ended up with the same endstate for around 3k all name brand minus the rear spacers. If I had jumped on this forum earlier I could have saved about $180 by using the Ford Keys. Granted its not a sus. lift but that is the next stage to get up on those 37's. Plus with the money I saved I will be able to do the stage one mods and regear. If you want to see my spread sheet with costs and sites shoot me a PM. I can't upload it to the thread.

obert272
QUOTE (Hoss416 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:08 PM) *
If you do a little homework you can get rolling on 35's for a decent price. With a traditional lift wheels and tires it would of cost me around 5k. I did some internet searching and ended up with the same endstate for around 3k all name brand minus the rear spacers. If I had jumped on this forum earlier I could have saved about $180 by using the Ford Keys. Granted its not a sus. lift but that is the next stage to get up on those 37's. Plus with the money I saved I will be able to do the stage one mods and regear. If you want to see my spread sheet with costs and sites shoot me a PM. I can't upload it to the thread.

You have a BL and keys/spaces and 37s? I would be hesitant on doing this.
JimB204
i think he was saying all he needs is a susp lift to get on 37's
obert272
QUOTE (JimB204 @ Jun 23 2009, 12:23 AM) *

Yeah I skimmed the post and didn't read it logically. Whiteandgoldz71 was trying to fit 37s on his BL and keys/spacers.
gibbens89
QUOTE (obert272 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:35 AM) *

Yeah I skimmed the post and didn't read it logically. Whiteandgoldz71 was trying to fit 37s on his BL and keys/spacers.

If you remeber, that one yukon had fit 37s BFG KM2s with just keys and spacers.....So it might be possible with a body lift, keys, and spacers. (Assuming they are in fact a "smaller" 37.
obert272
QUOTE (gibbens89 @ Jun 23 2009, 02:26 PM) *

If you remeber, that one yukon had fit 37s BFG KM2s with just keys and spacers.....So it might be possible with a body lift, keys, and spacers. (Assuming they are in fact a "smaller" 37.

I don't believe it. No way could he turn and yes I remember it, I posted the link.
gibbens89
Haha, yeah he did probably have a little problem turning.
skidad62
Heh heh heh... 35s on BL and keys and spacers worked GREAT for me... I loved it. Go to my member page and under statistics you can search threads started by me - you'll find a number with pics from install to comparisons.

I'd vote - GO FOR IT!! biggrin2.gif

QUOTE (gibbens89 @ Jun 23 2009, 07:58 PM) *
Haha, yeah he did probably have a little problem turning.

JimB204
yeah that yukon was a bit much i think. i cant even imagine driving that thing.
Hoss416
QUOTE (obert272 @ Jun 22 2009, 10:10 PM) *
QUOTE (Hoss416 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:08 PM) *

You have a BL and keys/spaces and 37s? I would be hesitant on doing this.

I'm going to run down the 35's first, if I want to go taller I will get a 4 or 6" sus and then run the 37's.
ensign42
Warning against 37's.... differential overload is bound to occur..... So far I have not found a cost effective way to fix our differentials without serious fabbing. The differentials and tranny are the week spot in the 1500 series, I would be very cautious of pushing them beyond a 35" mud tire.
mrl112
QUOTE (JimB204 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:57 PM) *
Someone on here has managed 315's with just keys and spacers, but I am willing to bet major damage will happen the first time you left smooth pavement (country roads or city potholes) with that rig.

its actually not bad, the main thing with yalls is that you had aftermarket rims. 31570/17 BFG's fit fine with stock rims. i had to trim and it still rubs every now and then but ive done some muddin in it and its not too bad unless you flex it out.

I'm starting to believe that 315s are possible with no issues. I parked next an H2 tonight with stock BFG 315s, and they were less than an inch taller than my 295 NTGs. They were both worn about the same amount. Maybe I'll be looking for some H2 take offs next time! ph34r.gif
blacktahoe0509
QUOTE (mrl112 @ Jun 25 2009, 09:31 PM) *
QUOTE (JimB204 @ Jun 22 2009, 11:57 PM) *

I'm starting to believe that 315s are possible with no issues. I parked next an H2 tonight with stock BFG 315s, and they were less than an inch taller than my 295 NTGs. They were both worn about the same amount. Maybe I'll be looking for some H2 take offs next time! ph34r.gif

I agree. More and more tahoes are running around with 315's and I don't see so many people doing it if there are terrible issues.
OBX4X4
Maybe I'll be looking for some H2 take offs next time! ph34r.gif

Yeah I wish I had thought of doing that, seems like the best way to get them. My brother picked up a set of H2 takeoff 315's at our local Hummer dealer for $500. Can't beat that.
JimB204
i went off roading yesterday and it definitely rubbed a little but it didnt do any damage. if your just driving around town or going through some mud puddles its perfectly fine.
blacktahoe0509
Where exactly are you rubbing?
mrl112
QUOTE (blacktahoe0509 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Where exactly are you rubbing?

I rub on the plastic that covers the shock bolts (I've already flipped, and just haven't taken the time to trim that plastic.) And in the front, I rub slightly on the plastic behind the washer tank, but I cut a little of that out when I had the aftermarket rims on, and there's a little tail sticking out, so I'm sure that's what rubs.

And I know that you were talking to Jim, I just wanted to butt in. biggrin.gif
blacktahoe0509
QUOTE (mrl112 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:11 PM) *
And I know that you were talking to Jim, I just wanted to butt in. biggrin.gif

haha. those seem to be the typical "problem areas"
JimB204
yeah what he said
heinmillerlax
I have 315 all terrains on stock rims and only rub on the wheel well in the rear. I just need to trim a good bit of it off.

I have 315 all terrains on stock rims and only rub on the wheel well in the rear. I just need to trim a good bit of it off.
Charlie
QUOTE (OBX4X4 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:03 PM) *

Yeah I wish I had thought of doing that, seems like the best way to get them. My brother picked up a set of H2 takeoff 315's at our local Hummer dealer for $500. Can't beat that.

H2's are 8 lug rims, so you'd have to take off the tires from the take off, and you're stuck with H2 rims no one really wants. Off roaders kinda like them because they are cheap but they have to be machined to fit around the lockout/knuckle of most axles.
mrl112
QUOTE (cpike3 @ Jun 26 2009, 08:19 AM) *
QUOTE (OBX4X4 @ Jun 25 2009, 10:03 PM) *

H2's are 8 lug rims, so you'd have to take off the tires from the take off, and you're stuck with H2 rims no one really wants. Off roaders kinda like them because they are cheap but they have to be machined to fit around the lockout/knuckle of most axles.

Yeah, but even if you pay the $500 for just the tires, that's a great deal for 4 new or nearly new tires that big (not that they're huge.) The cheapest I've found NTGs on ebay is $695 for 295s, and the 315 BFGs are more like $980+. I'd get the H2 take offs, then just take the aluminum wheels to the scrap yard with the bags of soda/beer cans I have sitting under the deck. yahoo.gif
OBX4X4
yeah he just got the tires. they were practically brand new. He's actually already got 2 sets of H2 wheels (one set chrome, the other machined/polished) that he may put on the Duramax.
JimB204
i got mine for 200 with about 70% tread left
obert272
I like yalls sigs JimB and Nick. I like how simple they are.
Luther Grimace
QUOTE (obert272 @ Jun 23 2009, 04:09 PM) *
QUOTE (gibbens89 @ Jun 23 2009, 02:26 PM) *

I don't believe it. No way could he turn and yes I remember it, I posted the link.

Where is the link to that guy with 37s on a yukon with just keys and spacers?
obert272
http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index....c=21252&hl=

I still don't believe he can turn AT ALL!
Luther Grimace
Wow thats wild! What kinda mileage do yall get and what do you think he gets?
obert272
apparently the guy with 37s has 35.1" tires. Talked to a guy who has ridden in it and says the car doesn't rub.
mrl112
QUOTE (obert272 @ Jul 20 2009, 08:44 PM) *
apparently the guy with 37s has 35.1" tires. Talked to a guy who has ridden in it and says the car doesn't rub.

Of course not, but what about the truck? tongue.gif Plus it looks kind of stupid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.