Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spare Tire Screw Up
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban Care, Maintenance, Modifications, & Product Reviews > Body
04GreenZ
I accidentally put the spare back on the wich upside down.now the tire wolnt drop so i can switch ti back, any ideas on how to get it to drop again?
stimpy13
Did not know it would not come down if you put it up there backwards.
apathy02Z
IPB Image

Important: If the spare tire hoist has been fully raised without a spare tire in place, the secondary latch mechanism may have become engaged. If this has occurred the hoist will not lower and the following steps will need to be followed:

1. Rotate the hoist shaft counterclockwise until approximately 15 cm (6 in) of cable (1) is exposed.

2. While holding the latch pin (3), fully depress the latch button (2) and release the secondary latch from the hoist assembly. Some side-to-side and/or up-and-down movement may be necessary to disengage the latch mechanism.

3. Continue rotating the hoist shaft counterclockwise in order to lower the hoist the rest of the way.

4. If this does not release the secondary latch, the spare tire hoist will need to be replaced.
Roody
Wow, I was actually putting my spare back under the truck today...glad I put it on the right way. I'm surprised you can't just reverse the winch and drop it right back down...
DanM64
My spare is also upside down. I'll have to try this procedure again, maybe my secondary isn't sezied after all...*crosses fingers*
specialk81
IF YOU GUYS NEED A NEW ONE. craigslist has one for sale.

2003 CHEVY SUBURBAN SPARE TIRE HOIST
04GreenZ
Got it! thanks for the diagram!
Andrew
IPB Image
91_bowtie
I removed the spare, hoist, and all associated bracketry. 77lbs in all. blink.gif
DanM64
LOL Andrew. That might be what I have to do with mine, at least now with some real (ie. not the Owner's Manual) directions there might be hope I can get my spare down.
Gary P
QUOTE(91_bowtie @ Mar 9 2009, 12:42 AM) [snapback]264452[/snapback]

I removed the spare, hoist, and all associated bracketry. 77lbs in all. blink.gif

Yikes! Who'd have figured it would weigh that much! ohmy.gif
WhiteAndGoldZ71
QUOTE(91_bowtie @ Mar 9 2009, 01:42 AM) [snapback]264452[/snapback]

all of that stuff is gone in mine too my spare is on top in the roof rack now
greez
I've been thinking about losing my spare too. I don't know how much help it would be if one of my 305/70/17s (pretty much 34's) went flat.
WhiteAndGoldZ71
i have a full size spare (315 75 16)
greez
QUOTE(WhiteAndGoldZ71 @ Mar 9 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]264660[/snapback]

On your roof?
RivRunR

How much trouble is it to remove? Unbolt or whack and hack?
WhiteAndGoldZ71
QUOTE(greez @ Mar 12 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]265788[/snapback]

QUOTE(WhiteAndGoldZ71 @ Mar 9 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]264660[/snapback]

On your roof?

yea its one of my dad's old bfg mt's that came off his truck when he got new tires

QUOTE(RivRunR @ Mar 24 2009, 03:08 PM) [snapback]268714[/snapback]

How much trouble is it to remove? Unbolt or whack and hack?

after you drop tire i think it is only like 2 bolts... so no cutting required just a socket set or a wrench
RivRunR
good.gif Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.