Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rhino Liner Vs. Do It Yourself Liner
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban General Discussion > Anything goes - Almost!
wvz71
When I was getting my Ranch Hand grille guard put on this past summer, I really wanted to get it sprayed with Rhino Liner. The only problem is, it was around $250 extra for them to do. I love the way it looks and then I won't have to worry about scratches or anything. One of my buddies from school just got a new truck and actually bought the do it yourself liner that you can buy from Autozone or wherever. He painted it in the back of his truck bed and it looks great.

I guess my question is, does anyone have experience with these paint it yourself liners? I don't want to spend the money on getting it Rhino Lined.
DC Plasterer
If you are experienced with the equipment and familiar with the material, it should be fine. But the DIYS material doesn't have as much hardener in it as say Line-X, and you may get a little globbing or sliding on the vertical surfaces if you're not careful.
wvz71
I've been looking on some other forums and everyone says the Herculiner do it yourself stuff is crappy. I guess I will just save up and bite the bullet later on and get it sprayed professionally.
Charlie
There is no comparison at all. Absolute crap versus super nice. Spend the extra coin and have it Rhino'd.
whiteZ714x4
Please get Line-X with the Xtra in it
wvz71
Haha what's the difference between regular Line-x and the one with xtra in it?
whiteZ714x4
Keeps its actual luster a lot longer, no fading. Rhino-Lining sucks
BELLUM76
250$ for a bumper seems steep to me. I had my front bumper Line-X 3 a few months ago and I paid around 150$. I don't have any experience with DIY Liners I do have a friend that tried it and it peeled, but that could have been do to poor surface preparation.
[attachmentid=8844]
whiteZ714x4
QUOTE(BELLUM76 @ Sep 1 2008, 07:01 PM) [snapback]214693[/snapback]

250$ for a bumper seems steep to me. I had my front bumper Line-X 3 a few months ago and I paid around 150$. I don't have any experience with DIY Liners I do have a friend that tried it and it peeled, but that could have been do to poor surface preparation.
[attachmentid=8844]

Agreed I got quoted only 650 for doin gthe whole interior and sides of a 14ft jon boat and your only doing a bumper
wvz71
I'll call around and see but that's what the guy was telling me when they were installing my grille guard. The reason I want it is because it makes it look brand new and I won't have to worry about scratches and rusting.
DC Plasterer
QUOTE(wvz71 @ Sep 1 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]214689[/snapback]

Haha what's the difference between regular Line-x and the one with xtra in it?

Two things, you can ccustom tint the Xtra to match any color, and it contains Kevlar for even more durability.

Having my F-150 done with Line-X Xtra next week.
w33m4n
The truck accessories place i work at does linex. Its the best and please get the xtra additive.
rusty24
The wife has line-x in the RAM, all of our work trucks have line-x (or another style of) liners. You really have to be trying to mess up the liners. Go for it and do it right. I plan on doing the Silverado next fall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.