Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer Harness 12v Power
Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com > Z71 Tahoe Suburban Care, Maintenance, Modifications, & Product Reviews > Towing
Scott
The 2003 & 2004 models came with the 12v power lead to the towing plug disabled for 'safety reasons'. This is not mentioned in the owners manual.

Following these simple instructions, you can restore the power quickly and easily.
67HEAVEN
Strangely enough, I was preparing for a very long tow on Saturday morning to go pick up 24' trailer. I ran across this post and the instructions.

I found the fuse wrapped up inside the harness.

Thanks. Good stuff.

user posted image
Blatantly self-promoting photo post. tongue.gif
sinistar
I would love to drive that around for a day or 7
colema
I had a frustrating camping trip when I was expecting a charged battery on my trailer. Thanks for this posting.
canadian_z71
Sorry to get off topic, but.....67HEAVEN....sweet car....where in Ontario are you? I'm in Aurora and I'm sure I've seen that car around before. Do you go to any of the cruises around this area, or are you part of the corvette club?

Ben
BMRisko
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 14 2004, 09:30 AM) [snapback]47[/snapback]

The 2003 & 2004 models came with the 12v power lead to the towing plug disabled for 'safety reasons'. This is not mentioned in the owners manual.

Following these simple instructions, you can restore the power quickly and easily.

Wow, glad I came across this before picking up a trailer next weekend. Thanks for sharing!
Novacrane
Same thing on the 00 NBS - 02. Only difference, it's a Mega fuse instead and no dummy plug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.