Black Bear Performance Sells E-fan Harnesses And Pulleys
DanM64
post Feb 2 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #21

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,812

Justin-
When I bought my truck it already had the e-fans mod done to it. I'm trying to figure out if they're wired wrong or if the wiring is fine and the pervious owner just never got the PCM programmed for them. They high-speed relay is wired to the a/c compressor, and the low speed goes into the PCM. The low speed wire coming from the PCM shows a constant 12v any time the truck is on, is that supposed to be that way? I want to do this as cheaply as possible because I've been out of a decent paying job for a year now, but believe me the day I get one I'll be adding myself to the list for a mail order tune!

--------------------

2008 Avalanche LTZ Graystone Metallic. Mods- Airaid Jr. CAI, AlphaTherm AT-37GM heated windshield washer system, WeatherTech Digital Fit floormats. Future Mods- BlackBear Tune, CAI, Nitto TG's. My Garage
2003 Tahoe Z71 Black. Mods- BlackBear Tune, Magnaflow cat-back, Volant CAI, E-fans, Silverado SS gauges, Ipod2Car adapter, Z71t-s.com stickers, Amber DRLs. R.I.P. Old Friend. My Garage
1995 Caprice 9C1 White. LT1. Retired Orland Park, IL P.D. Unit #7211.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Charlie
post Feb 2 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #22

Platinum Member

Member No.: 896

So I reckon I'm SOL? I need to get the radiator thermostat setup then right?

--------------------
Resident hater.
4 America Bald Eagle Mud Monster Extreme Whiskey Ultra Terrain Pro Master Truck Monster Mud Commander Gun Shooter America NRA Mud Conquerer 38's.
Cranked Keys.

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 5 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #23

Platinum Member

Group: Supporting Vendor
Member No.: 539

QUOTE (DanM64 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Justin-
When I bought my truck it already had the e-fans mod done to it. I'm trying to figure out if they're wired wrong or if the wiring is fine and the pervious owner just never got the PCM programmed for them. They high-speed relay is wired to the a/c compressor, and the low speed goes into the PCM. The low speed wire coming from the PCM shows a constant 12v any time the truck is on, is that supposed to be that way? I want to do this as cheaply as possible because I've been out of a decent paying job for a year now, but believe me the day I get one I'll be adding myself to the list for a mail order tune!

Can you take a pic?

QUOTE (cpike3 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:06 PM) *
So I reckon I'm SOL? I need to get the radiator thermostat setup then right?

Looks like it, it is not the best way to do it, but it may unfortunately be your only option.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Silver Member

Jenna, Thanks, I can take some pics if that'll help, what parts of the wiring harness do you want me to get some of?

--------------------

2008 Avalanche LTZ Graystone Metallic. Mods- Airaid Jr. CAI, AlphaTherm AT-37GM heated windshield washer system, WeatherTech Digital Fit floormats. Future Mods- BlackBear Tune, CAI, Nitto TG's. My Garage
2003 Tahoe Z71 Black. Mods- BlackBear Tune, Magnaflow cat-back, Volant CAI, E-fans, Silverado SS gauges, Ipod2Car adapter, Z71t-s.com stickers, Amber DRLs. R.I.P. Old Friend. My Garage

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 5 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #25

Platinum Member

Where the wires are going to exactly. Are any of the wires going to the PCM itself (the PINs), not just a ground? If so, what PIN is it going into?

This post has been edited by JennaBear: Feb 5 2010, 03:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #26

Silver Member

QUOTE (JennaBear @ Feb 5 2010, 03:07 PM) *
Where the wires are going to exactly. Are any of the wires going to the PCM itself (the PINs), not just a ground? If so, what PIN is it going into?

One wire goes to the PCM, the other (high speed) goes directly into the a/c compressor. I'll get a pic of what pin it goes into.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #27

Silver Member

I can't figure out how to get the gray cap off, but the low speed wire goes into the C1 Blue harness, which I know it's supposed to, and it looks like the pin it's in is on the part of the PCM closest to the ground when mounted in the truck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 5 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #28

Platinum Member

I can't find the document at the moment, but here is a link that has the pics Justin sends out with our harnesses. If your wiring is going to the AC compressor, that definitely doesn't sound right, but then again, not sure what kind of wires you are running. Our harness in the pics are based off of stock wiring setups.
EFAN Harness Pics

This post has been edited by JennaBear: Feb 5 2010, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #29

Silver Member

I'll look for sure but the wiring looks different so far. The low speed has a blue wire going into the blue connector, what I assume is pin 42, and for whatever reason, instead of using pin 33 on the green my high speed is wired to the actual compressor, the way it is now I have the passenger's side fan working on high speed only when the a/c compressor clutch is engaged, and the driver's side fan and the low speed never comes on. I'll post pics of what I'm talking about later tonight when I get home and can get to my camera. Thanks for the help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 5 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #30

Platinum Member

Yeah, both fans should work. The way the OEM harness works, is when the compressor is on, both fans should be on, when you go over a certain speed, the fans turn off etc. It is all PCM based, rather than temp probe for most accurate measuring and control. Justin sets temperatures for the fans to turn on and off hi and low.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #31

Silver Member

If I'm doing 80 and I have the a/c on my fans would still run, I think I'll just put in an order with you guys for a new wiring harness when I get paid, and hopefully they'll work properly then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 5 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #32

Platinum Member

Did you let Justin know you had fans in when you got your tune? If they aren't both working, then I would venture to guess they are wired differently.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DanM64
post Feb 5 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #33

Silver Member

QUOTE (JennaBear @ Feb 5 2010, 07:47 PM) *
Did you let Justin know you had fans in when you got your tune? If they aren't both working, then I would venture to guess they are wired differently.

I never had a tune done or anything, the fans were in there when I bought the truck. I've actually been wanting a full tune really bad, but I haven't had a good paying job since I got laid off, but it's the first thing I plan on doing when I finally find one. I know you guys can just activate the fans for a lower price, I think I'll just do that and get the harness, and the tune will come when I have the cash. Thanks for all the help!

This post has been edited by DanM64: Feb 5 2010, 08:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post Feb 6 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #34

Platinum Member

Ah, I thought you had a tune. If the vehicle has never been tuned, chances are, the fans are not working off the PCM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
02burgundybeast
post May 5 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #35

Platinum Member

Group: Supporting Member
Member No.: 9,862

alright so i have a question, i want to do the e fans because the stock one is driving me crazy. i though yall sold them and if so how do i get them and get my pcm retuned for them. thank

--------------------

2002 GMC Yukon - Sold (04/12)
2005 Ford F250 - Sold (10/12)
2007 GMC Yukon Denali - cranked keys and cut bump stops
Yukon GARAGE
F250 GARAGE
Denali GARAGE

+Quote Post
ThorsChariot
post May 5 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #36

Silver Member

Member No.: 7,613

Get the Black Bear tune and they will turn them on for free, Beleive me the tune is worth it, When I have to I can romp on the throtle and the fron end will pick up. No tires off the ground but still compared to what it was before.

Black Bear sells the wiring harness to connect the fans to the PCM, I just got mine on Monday and all geared for the swap this weekend. I got the dual fan from a salavage yard out of a 05 Silverado 1500 for $100

Black Bear sells several differant harnesses in case you pick a other option for the fan.

--------------------
2004 Z71 Tahoe
BlackBear Performance tune, 285/70-17, Front and rear brush guards, Antenna delete mod, 4 into 1 headlight mod, Rear rack light mod, Spectre CAI, E-Fan mod, Blacked out Z71 rims,De-screened MAF, Flowmaster American Thunder 50 series.Gone but not forgotten :(

+Quote Post
02burgundybeast
post May 5 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #37

Platinum Member

yeah i have a BBtune already thats why i was asking about the retune for the fans but i guess all i need is the harness for it. i am guessing i can just get some efans from sierra or silverado, tahoe, something and then get the harness.

--------------------

Yukon GARAGE
F250 GARAGE
Denali GARAGE

+Quote Post
JennaBear
post May 5 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #38

Platinum Member

We don't sell the actual fans, but if you already have a tune, Justin turned the fans on in your PCM already. So you just need the harness and the fans, and you are good to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
02burgundybeast
post May 5 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #39

Platinum Member

QUOTE (JennaBear @ May 5 2010, 06:25 PM) *
We don't sell the actual fans, but if you already have a tune, Justin turned the fans on in your PCM already. So you just need the harness and the fans, and you are good to go.

sweet deal thats what i need to know
i will pm yall when i do that and paypal yall for the harness
thanks for the help jenna

--------------------

Yukon GARAGE
F250 GARAGE
Denali GARAGE

+Quote Post