Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sas Minimum Lift
TexasVet
post Oct 7 2017, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,517

So Iím planning on doing a LBZ/Allison conversion with FF 14 bolt rear and a 1 ton SAS front.

What axle would work with minimal modification to the rest of the drive line?

What is the minimum amount of lift I can run with this combination with out much drive train modification?

I would like to do a parallel 4link with pan hard bar and coils up front and run something in the 33Ē tire.

This isnít going to be a hard core off roader, just something with less maintenance issues and better 4wd system for they times I need it. Think of it as a over built daily driver/weekend trail rig with cheeper service/maintenance cost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wes761
post Oct 14 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #2

Silver Member

Member No.: 6,371

5"-6" lift would be the minimal amount of lift while having a few inches of up travel. If you move the steering box forward and make custom motor mounts you could possibly pull off a 3" lift.... this is assuming you have a 00' or newer.... 99' and older are easier to keep low with leafs.

For axle, the least amount of work would be a 78'-79' Ford D60, but a +05' super duty D60 would also be a good candidate, but might need a bunch work removing the factory brackets from the axle.... but you might be able to use them. The nice thing about them is they have unit bearings, so you don't have to repack the wheel bearings every year like the older axles.

33" tires and a 2" lift can be very reliable on the stock IFS with a much better ride than a solid axle. I'd just do that and replace all your front end parts with Moog stuff.... grease every oil change. I ran 38's with IFS for several years and it held up surprisingly well.

--------------------

keys & spacers

+Quote Post
Andrew
post Oct 16 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Needs a Life!

Member No.: 702

What could you manage on an NBS with leafs and springs under the axle with shackles flipped up? I assume the differential would slam into stuff?

--------------------

Tahoe's Garage
Jeep's Garage

"You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns." --Colonel Jessep

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 04:44 PM