Reply to this topicStart new topic
Heads Up Display Question 2017
Sippi Z71
post Sep 25 2017, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,178

Hey Guys, definitely been a long time since I've been on here. Finally sold my Silverado and got back into a Tahoe, my 4th one actually. I got a 2017 Premier with just about every option on it. I wanted the heads up display, however, even though it is an 800 dollar option, the dealer wanted a ridiculous price difference in the two tables, so I opted for mine. I did drive the new midnight edition as well, but some of the creature comforts weren't there for me, considering this will be primarily for road trips, we needed them.

Anyway, the heads up display that projects out of the dash above the gauge cluster, is it something that can be added to a new premier. I ask because I see the hole and projector unit in the dash where it is supposed to go, it just doesn't have the controls. I asked my dealer but they had never been asked and did not know. Since I know the answers can be found here more than anywhere, I figured I'd ask.

I did search and couldn't find what I was looking for, a lot about aftermarket, but I'm talking about adding the OEM HUD. any information would be great, I'll post some pics later, but I can already say, after owning all of my Tahoes, Denali and Silverado, the tech has certainly jumped up and the ride quality is ridiculous. Of course I've always had more off road vehicles, but still.

Thanks again guys and gals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carguru
post Sep 25 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Needs a Life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

I looked at the HUD retrofit, but gave up because the parts were on allocation at the time--and only available on the Denali. But this was also back in 2015/2016. It is possible--gonna be kinda pricey.

A hole is there because there already is a warning light (forward collision alert) that projects to the windshield. Besides, the HUD cutout is larger, so you will need the new dash pod.

So far, what I had found was that you need the HUD module, the switch module, and the Denali cluster (might have an alternate--if offered on the Premier), the harnesses and the dash cover with the larger opening. I haven't looked at the most recent models. Will have to do a little digging to find more info.

--------------------
DC

+Quote Post
Sippi Z71
post Sep 26 2017, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Bronze Member

Member No.: 4,178

I appreciate the response man. On mine it looks to be different than the previous years. The cutout on the dash is the same size as the one with the HUD (from what I can tell). I test drive both. Also mine has the upgraded cluster. There are two different clusters. One with fixed gauges for the gas, temp etc. and one with the LED gauges, mine has the LED gauges. It looks like the one part than would need to be changed is the little piece that the HUD switches go in. I could be very wrong but that's just what it looks like to me. Overall it isn't a big deal, it is more for my curiosity than anything. I do appreciate your help though!

+Quote Post
Kerr
post Dec 11 2017, 08:23 AM
Post #4

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,307

what he said, there is a bunch of stuff that needs to be done to make work. and honestly i never even use it. I mean its on and its when the car is on however the wife drives it all the time. so when i get in i have to completely adjust the display to just see it.

--------------------
496ci, 4l80E, 78mm turbo, 60lb injectors, walbro 400 pump.. cam, and now broken :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 09:56 AM