Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hellwig Questions Lifted Nnbs, fitment and insall
Moises
post Oct 25 2017, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,739

Has any one installed the 7685 front sway bars from hellwig on a 6" lifted NNBS? There are various sites that list them as sway bars for lowered tahoes and other websites do not even mention whether they are for lowered\stock height. would the difference be with end links? would i just have to use the one i have on there now? is everyone still having to use the spacers with the 6 speed or was this fixed in any way? I've searched around and haven't had much luck finding answers. i suppose the rear sway bar wouldn't be complicated. not too much back there to get in the way.

Is Dave with Hellwig still taking care of us?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carguru
post Oct 25 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Needs a Life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

You will have to get longer end links. If you use stock height endlinks, you will be putting the bar at an odd angle and stressing the endlinks.

--------------------
DC

+Quote Post
Moises
post Oct 25 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (carguru @ Oct 25 2017, 02:05 PM) *
You will have to get longer end links. If you use stock height endlinks, you will be putting the bar at an odd angle and stressing the endlinks.

I'd have to double check but i think it already has longer end links from it being lifted. (lifted by Rocky Ridge). when i lifted my 2002, the lift came with extended links so I'm almost positive the 2011 has extended links as well. I don't remember seeing them at a weird angle a couple of nights ago so they should be fine. Looking at their website, it says used with factory end links, so basically just use the links that are on there now. Other than the end link length, would there any other reason why the 7685 wouldn't fit? I've got the 6 speed transmission, would i still need the spacers for it? I've seen where some people say they didn't need them on their 6sp.

+Quote Post
carguru
post Oct 25 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #4

Needs a Life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

It gives you extra clearance. If it is included, why not use them?

--------------------
DC

+Quote Post
Moises
post Oct 25 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (carguru @ Oct 25 2017, 05:33 PM) *
It gives you extra clearance. If it is included, why not use them?

They are not included. and from my understanding, longer bolts are not included either to compensate for the added length coming from the spacers. I've sent an email to hellwig. I'll see what they say

+Quote Post
Moises
post Oct 26 2017, 06:25 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Got an email back from a rep at hellwig.. 7685 will work with lifted trucks. you will have to use existing links with it. If you have the 6 speed, you will need the spacers. In my case, it looks like i will not be needing the spacers because there is a 3" bracket on it that lowers the sway bar, giving me enough clearance.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:38 AM