Steering Wheel Lights, out again
Rating 5 V

jklunk
post Jan 13 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,037

QUOTE (RussWalker @ Dec 29 2013, 07:54 AM) *
Does anybody know if there is an LED option for this fix?

+1 on the LED option. I'm going to take my buttons out later this week and see what's there. Would love to make it LED so I never have to deal with this again.

JK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wink
post Apr 27 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 17,136

QUOTE (05-Z71 @ Nov 23 2008, 10:22 PM) *
sorry for adding onto an old thread, but I figured that my problem was pretty similar, and would be better than starting a new one. Anyways, I realized that one of the backlight bulbs on my 4x4 switch was burned out. I took the switch apart to see if the bulb could be simply unplugged & replaced, but I found out that wasn't the case. It appears that in order to replace the bulb, I would have to unsolder the plug terminals so the circuit board can be lifted out of the housing, and then I would have access to the bottom of the board (where the bulb terminals are soldered on). It seems like alot of work to go through to get a new bulb in--and I don't have any idea what bulb to replace it with. I have the extended warrenty/GM protection plan. Would it be worth trying to replace the bulb myself, or just replace the entire switch? Something this small might not bother some people, but it's driving me nuts.

Edit: I believe that the bulb is incadescent, not LED

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to comment on this particular problem. I needed to replace one of the bulbs in my 4 WD display as well and ran into the same scenario. I ended up cutting the back out of the plastic case that the circuit board is in. I used a Dremel. It gave me access to the soldered connection of the bulbs. Then I just covered the hole with duck tape. It's inside the dash so it's not like anything is going to get in there.

+Quote Post
RFryer
post Apr 30 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 13,587

I have a problem with the wire harness on mine as it barely comes out of the hole in the bottom of the switch pocket in the wheel. How far out can I safely pull these harnesses before I risk damaging it? I can't get my switch back in until I get some more slack, or take off the airbag and I don't want to go there.

+Quote Post
DavidR
post Jun 30 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 11,304

Can anyone confirm the GM part numbers for all 4 switches on the steering wheel. I am just going to replace them all and be done with it...

--------------------
David

----- 2006 Z71 Tahoe Black -----

Mechanical --- BB AutoCal Tune, Airaid MIT, K&N Drop-In Filter, Readylfit leveling Kit 2.25in with 1in read coil spacer, Bilstein 5100 shocks all around, 285\70\17 Michelin AT2, Interstate MegaTron + 800, 4-Way Light Mod with Philips Xtreme Power 9006 low beams and GM HIR 9011 hi beams

Comfort and Looks --- EGR Smoke Deflector, WeatherTech Floor Mats all around, H2 Articulating Head Rest, 10% tint all around...

What is next?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 06:44 PM