Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cb Radio Install
blueknight
post Aug 7 2017, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,611

I've got a Midland 1001LWX cb radio that I'm looking to install on my 06 Tahoe Z71. I've got the hood mount from Right Channel and was wondering how people route the coax cable into the cab?
Also was looking to mount the radio in the smaller top pocket of the center console. There's a rib in the center behind that smaller pocket I was looking to cut out and was wondering if that would hurt anything?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott
post Aug 7 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Needs a Life!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Had to remove the linked image as doesn't work. Please save the image and upload it here, if you would like.

--------------------
2004 Z71 Tahoe Black
~ Bunch of Mods ~

+Quote Post
jipioneer07
post Aug 7 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,596

I mounted my 3ft firestik antenna on the passenger side opposite the am/fm antenna. Ran the cable through between the quarter panel and the firewall and through the door jamb with a drop loop so water doesn't drop into the cab when the door is open. Cable doesn't get crimped and I was able to run it through the fuse panel to the center console where I had the radio flush mounted. I went this way to avoid drilling the firewall.

--------------------
2005 z71 Tahoe 4x4 Black - Leveled, Trail Grapplers, CB, LEDs/HIDs, & more

+Quote Post
millsaps2013
post Aug 12 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,043

There is also a large grommet for the wiring harness you can run a wire through, that's where my amp wires are run. It is right above the fuse panel by the brake pedal.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 05:11 AM