Reply to this topicStart new topic
Blower Motor Resistor, Installation
Rating 5 V

Tutt Burban
post Aug 28 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,823

Picked up an 03 Suburban a few weeks ago, had the same problem of blower motor still running after engine shut off. Fan speeds were intermittent. Came to the site, researched and pulled mine out to make sure I ordered the right one. I have the auto climate control, so my module had the metal fins. Just out of curiosity I cleaned off the corrosion and plugged it back in. Wouldn't you know....all fan speeds work and the blower shuts off with the key now. I still have a part coming in the mail, but if anyone else has tried this with sustained success let me know. I'll keep the new part in the box for a few days (as many as I'm allowed and still be able to return free of charge) and see how the repair holds up.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hdwrench99
post Dec 13 2014, 05:59 AM
Post #82

Platinum Member

Group: Supporting Member
Member No.: 12,723

To add to this thread: Here's the part number for the rear blower motor resistor. GM# 88986482 AC Delco# 15-8961

--------------------
Black '04 Tahoe keys and 1" spacers 285/70-17 BFG AT KO's Goodyear Duratracs
Black Bear Tune and E-Fans. GMT900 brake upgrade. My Garage

"Its not about the number of merit badges earned or the revenue... it's about the memories made." - Rev. Tim Lehman Muskingum Valley Scout Reservation Camp Director

QUOTE (JimB204 @ Apr 27 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Now that you found this site, you will never be content with your truck..

How To Donate to Z71T-S.com: CLICK HERE!

+Quote Post
SchaefMan
post Feb 11 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #83

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,925

So, I appreciate this post. I have just ordered the resistor for my '01 'burban from Rock Auto, and I should have it later this week. The replacement instructions will be a big help.

I'm not sure, but I may have other issues as well, so I wanted to ask a question or two...

The fan does only work on high, and it's been like this for awhile now(like since it got cold enough to need heat), but recently it added some symptons that are troubling: The other night, while driving home, when I turned the blower on high, the headlights seemed to flicker. I turned it on and off a few times, and they seemed to flicker each time I turned the fan on. Then, the next day, while I was driving, I turned the blower on, and my dash lights all went on, as if I had pulled the battery and reconnected it. The truck stayed running, but my radio said ERR, and then reset to 1:00. When I got where I was going, and shut I truck off, and when I went to start it again, it was like the battery was disconnected. I turned the key a few times, and pulled it out of park and put it back, and then I was able to start the car.

The next time I drove it, and messed with the blower again, it did the same thing. So later, before I shut off the truck, I turned the blower all the way to off, and then shut off the truck. Later, when I got in, it started up fine. Then this morning, I turned on the blower before I started it, and everything seemed to work fine. I shut if back off and left it alone, until I can put in the new resistor.

So here's the question: Can that resistor cause all this havoc with the electrical system, or do I also have a problem with my ignition switch, or something else? I know there's not much that can be determined from just this description, but I know there are some very wise people on here. Plus, if others have had similar electrical issues that went away when they replaced that resistor, it might make me feel better.

Thank you all...

Bob

--------------------
2001 Suburban LT 4x4

+Quote Post
Gary P
post Feb 11 2015, 10:14 AM
Post #84

Needs a Life!

Group: Supporting Member
Member No.: 1,460

Bob - First thing I would check, (and it's FREE), is the grounds. A weak or poor ground can cause a bunch of screwy issues. Also, what is the condition of your battery? Check and clean all connections, especially the ground.

--------------------
2012 Summit White Silverado 2500HD 4WD Z71 Crew Cab, New 8/31/12 ... with a Black Bear Performance tune - Love it!
2005 Summit White Tahoe 4WD Z71 (For the wife.... finally!)

2002 Silverado 1500 LS, Ext cab, 4WD...Gone, but not forgotten.... SOLD 8/31/12

How to Donate to Z71T-S.com ==>
http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index....c=25714&hl=

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2018 - 06:41 PM