IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Brake Pedal Beavior And Noise Under The Driver Side Floor, unsual braking response
bluesplash
post Dec 4 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,365

Happy Holidays, Perhaps someone can give me an idea what could this be. When I am moving slow to come to a full stop, like in a parking spot, just about to step harder on the brake, I would hear squeeking noise
like from a big old door hinge that has not been oiled for sometime under the pedal floor area. The brake pedal would shudder like ABS is kicking in. There is no ABS light. I am going to take to brake shop, just
getting forum wisdom. The feedback have always been right to where the issue is. Thanks.

02 Tahoe LS with 5.3L at 195K miles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gary P
post Dec 5 2017, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Needs a Life!

Group: Supporting Member
Member No.: 1,460

Blue - When I had a similar problem, (but without the squeak noise), it was the ABS sensor. It happened right when you were expecting to come to a complete stop, like in a parking lot, at low speeds. Instead of replacing the ABS sensor, I replaced the hub, which comes with a new sensor. At your mileage, you might want to consider that.

One other thing you can try is to remove the sensor, clean it and clean where it mounts to the hub so there is good contact. Make certain that you do NOT let and dirt or rust get into the hole where the sensor is, or you WILL be replacing the hub soon! Many years ago there was a dealer provided recall of sorts, but only for trucks in the "salt-belt", due to the corrosion issue with the sensor.

--------------------
2012 Summit White Silverado 2500HD 4WD Z71 Crew Cab, New 8/31/12 ... with a Black Bear Performance tune - Love it!
2005 Summit White Tahoe 4WD Z71 (For the wife.... finally!)

2002 Silverado 1500 LS, Ext cab, 4WD...Gone, but not forgotten.... SOLD 8/31/12

How to Donate to Z71T-S.com ==>
http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index....c=25714&hl=

+Quote Post
bluesplash
post Dec 6 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,365

Thanks Gary, I found that TSB and my truck is in the VIN Range. I will take to service tomorrow, I tried to listen carefully to any front end noise, looks like my driver side front wheel have some noise. About 2 years ago, a local shop needed to replace the front brakes and the driver side wheel hub. They said it is
timken but did not see the box or the part. Wife said the grinding noise went away, drives normally, so did not worry about that then.

Now, I am wondering if it was really a timken they put, about 30K miles later.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 10:30 PM