View New Posts Issue!
Scott
post Feb 7 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Needs a Life!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hello folks,

We have been monitoring an issue over the last week, where when you click on the 'View New Posts' link, it appears not to update. Or, you might see some other random user related issues.

After a good deal of research, we tracked this down to a unannounced change the Host made with the cache system that went a little haywire, which they later fixed. The problem is, it may have corrupted the users browser cookie data associated with this site. In Chrome, which is what I usually use, I saw the problem clearly. But if I tested with Firefox or IE, things were fine. For some of the other Mods, it appeared the constant was, the browser they normally used, and was probably being used during the period was effected, irregardless of what browser it was. Further, due to the corruption, the Deleted Cookies link towards the bottom of the site could not recognize to delete this cookie.

So the net effect is, if you are having problems, this should help:

Whatever browser that is exhibiting any issues, please go to the browsers settings and Delete the Browsing History. Then close the browser, and restart it. Then try the site again. Once a fresh new cookie is created, all of the issues should disappear. Might have to try it twice.

If you have any further issues, please let us know. I have created a new thread here: http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index....showtopic=44614

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

--------------------
2004 Z71 Tahoe Black
~ Bunch of Mods ~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 07:00 AM