Reply to this topicStart new topic
Updating Mileage On Cluster
gibbens89
post Nov 30 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,603

My suburban was stolen last year (luckily recovered quickly) however the bandits took all of my dash components. -They unplugged everything opposed to cutting wires (I feel fortunate for this)- Instead of going through a body shop to replace the parts for my car, I got on ebay and found like-new/unused parts. At that time I bought an Escalade cluster to replace the original. However I did not realize that the cluster would read 0 Miles when I got it, and would like to update to the correct mileage as I am contemplating selling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

--------------------

2004 Green Z71 Suburban
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott
post Nov 30 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Needs a Life!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (gibbens89 @ Nov 30 2017, 11:18 AM) *
My suburban was stolen last year (luckily recovered quickly) however the bandits took all of my dash components. -They unplugged everything opposed to cutting wires (I feel fortunate for this)- Instead of going through a body shop to replace the parts for my car, I got on ebay and found like-new/unused parts. At that time I bought an Escalade cluster to replace the original. However I did not realize that the cluster would read 0 Miles when I got it, and would like to update to the correct mileage as I am contemplating selling. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

It has to be programmed with a scan tool. The easiest option is to call a few dealers to get some quotes. Its a pretty quick process. Just a function of what minimum they will demand.

--------------------
2004 Z71 Tahoe Black
~ Bunch of Mods ~

+Quote Post
gibbens89
post Nov 30 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,603

Thanks Scott!

--------------------

2004 Green Z71 Suburban

+Quote Post
carguru
post Nov 30 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #4

Needs a Life!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

This can be a tricky area. Setting mileage on a speedo could be problematic. Some shops will require proof of mileage since mileage tampering is considered fraud. Just be aware of that when asking around.

--------------------
DC

+Quote Post
Scott
post Dec 1 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #5

Needs a Life!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

CG brings up an excellent point. If you have no way to validate the situation and the previous miles, you might meet some resistance. Any police reports to confirm the theft would be a good start, along with photos, etc. Then some kind of a recent service or maintenance to verify the miles prior to the theft.

I would suggest starting the discussion with fully explaining the situation and asking them for what documents they will need.

--------------------
2004 Z71 Tahoe Black
~ Bunch of Mods ~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 06:56 AM